After five long months, Fabricio Andrade finished what he started.
Andrade captured the ONE Championship bantamweight title on Friday night with an electric performance over John Lineker in ONE’s main event on Prime Video 7, which took place at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. Andrade (9-2, 1 NC) repeatedly battered and rocked his Brazilian compatriot with a barrage of piston-quick jabs and bodywork until Lineker’s corner mercifully stopped the fight heading into the final round.
“I have no words to explain what this means to me,” an emotional Andrade said in tears. “It’s been such a long journey, so many hard things I’ve been through in my life, with the dream of coming here and becoming world champion – and being able to change my life and my family’s life, it’s incredible. ”
Andrade and Lineker (35-10, 1 NC) met last October in a fight Andrade was winning before landing an illegal third-round knee to the groin at ONE on Prime Video 3, eventually leading to a no contest . Prior to the fight, Lineker was stripped of his ONE Championship bantamweight title after unceremoniously losing 0.75 pounds.
History repeated itself for much of Friday’s rematch. The 25-year-old Andrade was always one step ahead of his 32-year-old foe, hitting Lineker with straight punches, center knees and hard counterattacks. Andrade nearly ended Lineker’s evening with a huge right hand that left the former champ on shaky legs at the end of the opening round. He then sent Lineker into survival mode late in the fourth with another heavy volley.
While Lineker could occasionally find a home for his signature looping hooks, none of the power punches seemed to bother Andrade – though they earned his respect.
“Man, he came to fight,” Andrade said of Lineker. “The first fight he was scared. But this fight, he came to fight. You could see, I have a lot of damage [on my face].”
The fight marked Lineker’s first loss since his UFC exit in 2019, as Andrade extended his own undefeated streak to nine in a row, including a seven-fight run in ONE Championship.
In his post-fight interview, Andrade called for his first title defense against Stephen Loman, the 27-year-old who upset ex-champion Bibiano Fernandes last November.
Complete ONE on Prime Video 7 results can be seen below.
- Fabricio Andrade defeats. John Lineker via TKO (corner stop) at 5:00 of Round
- Tawanchai PKSaenchai def. Jamal Yusupov via KO (Leg Kick) at: 49 of Round 1 — ONE Featherweight Muay Thai Championship
- Martin Nguyen defeats. Leonardo Casotti by unanimous decision
- Saemapetch Fairtex def. Zhang Chenglong via unanimous decision – kickboxing match
- Defeats Danny Kingad. Eko Roni Saputra via unanimous decision
- Defeats Danielle Kelly. Ayaka Miura via Unanimous Decision – Submission Wrestle
- Defeats Francesco Xhaja. Andrei Stoica via split decision — kickboxing match
- Defeats Victoria Souza. Linda Darrow via unanimous decision
- Defeats Uali Kurzhev. Tommy Langaker via submission (heel hook) at 2:58 — submission grappling fight
- Adrian Matthijs defeats. Zelang Zhaxi via TKO (punches) at 0:57 of round 1